Watch the Webinar Now
by filling out this form
Have you ever seen a preschooler imitate writing? She scribbles on a piece of paper and tells you it’s a shopping list. Do you correct her saying, “That is not writing”? Of course not. You know that through hundreds (or thousands) of attempts, the child will learn to communicate in writing.
Now, consider your students with complex learning needs. Many may be:
- Stuck in a scribbling stage after years of work
- Struggling with idea generation
- Writing only name and address without additional progress
Now’s the time to get the guidance and support you’ve been waiting for to teach writing to your students with complex learning needs. First Author™ is a pathway used to create a community of writers in thousands of classrooms across the country.
Kelly Fonner, M.S., has multiple years in supporting educators who have gotten started with First Author. First Author can become a major boost to the energy level of your writing time, giving students the lead, and feel confident in having a way to measure and guide their advancement from making marks to 3 paragraphs.
During this webinar, Kelly will share with you:
- How to start integrating writing time into your classroom
- Strategies to make writing engaging for students both in-person and remote
- Tips and tricks to organize lessons and student writing
- How to track student progress with Dr. Janet Sturm’s Developmental Writing Scale™