Live Webinar Series
The IEP: Creating Clear and Effective Plans
Presented by: Michael McCormick, M.S., LBS
Register to attend upcoming live sessions on March 27, 2024 at 3:00-3:30 P.M. CT,
or request access
to the on-demand recordings for the live sessions held on Jan. 17, and Feb. 21, 2024.
The three-part series titled “The IEP: Creating Clear and Effective Plans” will provide a comprehensive guide for team members and individuals involved in the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process. Each part focuses on different aspects, offering valuable insights and strategies. The three parts together aim to guide individuals through the entire IEP journey, starting from the initial steps, progressing through the crucial meeting, and extending into strategies for sustained success beyond the meeting. The series will provide a holistic and strategic approach to navigating the complexities of the IEP process.
Session One: Crafting Effective Individualized Educational Plans
During this 30-minute session, Michael:
- Provided a foundational understanding of the IEP process.
- Emphasized the importance of a strategic start for a successful IEP journey.
- Offered insights into effective and defensible strategies for initiating the IEP process.
- Aimed to create a collaborative and informed environment from the beginning
Session Two: Meeting Strategies for the IEP Team
Dive into the heart of the IEP process with Part 2, where Michael will explore strategies to navigate the meeting itself. Discover key approaches to ensure a constructive and impactful IEP meeting experience.
During this 30-minute session that includes Q&A, Michael will:
- Focus on the crucial IEP meeting, a central component of the process.
- Offer strategies for navigating the meeting effectively.
- Emphasize the importance of constructive and impactful IEP meetings.
- Provide key approaches to enhance the overall meeting experience.
Session Three: IEP Implementation Success Factors
The journey doesn’t end with the meeting—join us in the final installment as Michael discusses strategies for post-IEP success.
During this 30-minutes session that includes Q&A, Michael will:
- Recognize that the IEP journey continues beyond the meeting.
- Discuss strategies for ensuring continued success after the initial meeting.
- Cover topics such as monitoring progress, making adjustments, and supporting ongoing needs.
- Offer a comprehensive perspective on the long-term success of the IEP process.
Each of the three 30-minute sessions are designed for Special Education Administrators, Teachers, School-based SLPs, School-based OTs, School Psychologists and members of the IEP Team. Live sessions will be recorded and will be available on this page and to those who register within a week of the scheduled live session.
For each session, you will receive:
- Presentation Slide Deck
- Certificate of Attendance
- Complementary Resources