Watch the Webinar Now
by filling out this form
Measure, reflect, adapt. Several years ago, special education teachers in the Barrington School District were searching for a better way to engage their emergent learners. They were passionate about enhancing their students’ communication skills, and determined to support their writing development. But, they had many of the same questions they had heard others ask:
- Which students can benefit from writing instruction?
- How do we get started?
- How will we measure progress?
- Do we have to make all the materials ourselves?
Take a short break and join special educators Kelly Key, M.S. and Alyssia Shower, M.A. for a live webinar. We’ll share what works and how we do it, including:
- Supporting emergent and conventional writing skills using First Author™
- What writing instruction looks like (daily/weekly/monthly structure)
- Tools our students use to write (Hint: we offer tons of writing tool choices including handwriting, keyboarding, AAC devices, partner-assisted scanning letter boards, and more)
- Fun ideas to Celebrate their writing (Author’s Chair)